Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Caution! Under Construction

   The past two weeks have been a slow start for the construction of my solar water distiller.  I have come to realize that in respect to time and money, I do not have the resources to build and test a second distiller.  My material costs have surpassed $150, and there is still more to come once I order the glass to be cut.  

   

   After sketching out some possible designs for my distiller, I decided upon a design that was based upon SIP's, or Structural insulated panels.  These are prefabricated panels that can be used for building houses.  I thought this would be an interesting design, and would provide a great thermal envelope for the system.  It has been hard to find time to work on construction of the system, considering I have to work around other class work and the weather. 






No comments:

Post a Comment